If you’ve mastered a lunge and want to try something a bit more challenging then give this a go. By adding a weighted rotation your legs are having to work harder to stabilise you as your centre of gravity shifts. This exercise also requires the internal and external obliques of the abdominals to work.
- Hold the Powerbag in front of you.
- Lunge backward whist moving the powerbag to the side of your static, supporting leg.
- Pause and return back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the other side, alternating legs throughout the set.
- Try to perform this as a fluid movement.
Get in touch for more tips and advice.
Some more great Powerbag exercises demonstrated by Lynsey are below for you: